Another successful MESI spring training conference has concluded! The 18th Annual Minnesota Evaluation Studies Institute (MESI) Spring Training Conference, “Learning by doing: Bridging evaluation theory and practice”, was held March 6-8, 2013. Pre- Conference Workshops were held March 4-5, 2013. The conference took place at the University of Minnesota’s Continuing Education Conference Center in St. Paul, MN.
What is the MESI Spring Training Conference? The MESI Spring Training Conference is an exciting and enriching interdisciplinary evaluation conference designed for professional evaluators, program directors and staff in non-profit and for-profit organizations, students, and others interested in conducting or using evaluations. MESI provides a unique opportunity to learn and reflect on contemporary issues in evaluation with national experts and practitioners in a small setting.
When is the MESI Spring Training Conference? The conference is typically held in March or early April. The 2014 dates have not been confirmed yet. If you are not already on our mailing list but would like to get information about the 2014 MESI Spring Training Conference, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who presents at the MESI Spring Training Conference? There are various presenters from across the state and the nation who represent a wide range of evaluation practices and disciplines. Some of this year’s presenters are listed below.
- Glenda Eoyang, Founding Executive Director of the Human Systems Dynamics Institute
- Michael Quinn Patton, Founder & Director, Utilization-Focused Evaluation and Independent Evaluation Consultant, author of Utilization-Focused Evaluation and Developmental Evaluation: Applying Complexity Concepts to Enhance Innovation and Use
- Vidhya Shanker, Senior Program Evaluator at Ramsey County
- Dipankar Mukherjee, Artistic Director, Pangea World Theater
- Richard Krueger, Professor Emeritus and Senior Fellow in Evaluation Studies, University of Minnesota
- Jean A. King, Professor and Director, Minnesota Evaluation Studies Institute, University of Minnesota
- Vanessa McKendall-Stephens, President, Face Valu Evaluation Consulting & Associates, Minneapolis, MN
- Susan Kistler, Executive Director of the American Evaluation Association
- And others from the Twin Cities community and across the University of Minnesota
Do you post handouts from the conference? Some speakers many their handouts available Click here to see a list of sessions that have handouts available Check back, as handouts will be added as they become available.
How much does it cost? This year’s cost for students ranged from $150-$190 and for individuals from $330 to $380, depending and whether one took advantage of the early bird registration costs. Groups of 5 or more people who registered together were able to take advantage of registration fees ranging from $280 to $330. These costs cover 2.5 days of conference sessions, snacks, and lunch. Workshops are paid for separately from the conference registration fees. The 2013 workshops were $160 for a one-day session and $300 for a two-day session
Information from past conferences
- 2013 MESI Spring Training Conference
- 2012 MESI Conference
- Top Ten Reason lists from MESI Conferences, click here.