“Learning by doing: Evaluator Competencies for Diverse Settings”
The 19th Annual Minnesota Evaluation Studies Institute (MESI) Spring Training
Training dates: March 12-14, 2014
Pre-Training Workshops: March 10-11, 2014
University of Minnesota, St. Paul, MN
Please join us for this exciting and enriching interdisciplinary evaluation meeting focused on training. The training is held each spring for professional evaluators, program directors and staff in non-profit and for-profit organizations, students, and others interested in conducting or using evaluations. MESI provides a unique opportunity to learn and reflect on contemporary issues in evaluation with national experts and practitioners in a small setting.
This year’s training will be held March 12-14 (Wednesday-Thursday 8:15am-4:30pm and Friday 8:15am- noon ) at the Continuing Education Conference Center, University of Minnesota, St. Paul, MN. Intensive pre-training workshops will be offered March 10-11 (Monday-Tuesday, 8:45-4:15).
Featured Speakers include:
- Erin Bock: The Sherwood Foundation, Omaha, NE
- Barbara Brandt: National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education, Academic Health Center, University of Minnesota
- Eleanor Coleman: Minnesota Humanities Center
- Jean A. King: University of Minnesota
- Susan Kistler: IMeasureMedia; Executive Director Emeritus, American Evaluation Association
- Richard Krueger: University of Minnesota
- Nora Murphy:Terraluna Collaborative, Minneapolis, MN
- Michael Quinn Patton: Utilization-Focused Evaluation, St. Paul, MN
- And others from the Twin Cities community and across the University of Minnesota
Training program and workshop descriptions:
- Training session descriptions
- Training agenda
- Pre-training workshop descriptions: Please note the Qualitative Methods workshop is no longer being offered.
- Online registration for individuals or group registration
- Paper registration for individuals or groups
- Scholarships for nonprofit organizations
About the conference location:
- Continuing Education and Conference Center, 1890 Buford Avenue, University of Minnesota, St. Paul campus
- Lodging: Convenient lodging for out-of-town participants is available at the Radisson Hotel Roseville, 2540 North Cleveland Avenue, Roseville, MN 55113. The rate is $82.00, plus tax, for a single or double room. Participants are responsible for making their own lodging reservations. To make a reservation, call 651-636-4567 or 1-800-333-333. To receive the special conference rate, please identify yourself as a participant of the MESI Spring Training.Hotel space is limited, we strongly encourage you to make your hotel reservations as soon as possible . The hotel will provide free van transportation for participants to and from the Continuing Education and Conference Center. Please indicate your transportation needs when you make your reservations.
Training, March 12-14, 2014
- $150, Student Early fee before February 19, 2014
- $200, Student Late fee after February 19, 2014
- $330, Early fee before February 19, 2014
- $380, Late fee after February 19, 2014
- Groups of five or more people (all 5+ people must register at the same time)
- $280, Early fee before February 19, 2014
- $330, Late fee after February 19, 2014
Workshops, March 10th and 11th
NOTE: The cost of workshops is separate from the cost of training registration.
- $160, One-day session**
- $300, Two-day session